Labels

04 February 2010

A few tutorials I have bookmarked...

How was your Wednesday?  Mine was fine... nothing exciting happened today (unlike yesterday when another superyacht in the boatyard burned down - thankfully they were quite some distance from our boat, absolutely awful for those involved though).
  
Anyway on a more pleasant note, I love finding new tutorials to make things, and I thought today that I would share with you a few of my favourite tutorials I have bookmarked to make later...

Firstly, this carpetbag weekend bag from the Weekend Designer is on my 'Must Make' list.   The design is based on this one by LIFEwithBIRD...














I love this bag!  I will definitely be making this when I get some time back at home with the sewing machine (probably this time next year).

Next up, some lovely burp cloths for babies from Chickpea Sewing Studio... Everyone I know seems to be having a baby this year, so I think these might have to be top of my list for now.

And here, from Sew Mama Sew, how to quick piece tiny squares.  I think this would be great for using up scraps, and I can think of tonnes of things to do with them... cards, pot mitts, doll quilts etc...

And this great tutorial from Biz Miss on how to make a plush toy pattern from scratch... Just think, any of those creatures in your imagination can come to life!  This tutorial was about how she made a plush version of Mitch for Neon Monster... And here is a picture of the final product now available here!

Here's another baby orientated tutorial... This one is from Floating World Views and it is for a baby stroller liner.  I think this is a great idea for personalizing your stroller, especially for those occasions when like Suzy says, "every second stroller is a Maclaren"... How do you know which is yours?

Those are just a few of many tutorials I have bookmarked for future reference... If you want to links to more, check back next Wednesday!

Arabella Chickie in Palma de Mallorca

1 comment:

ChickieChirps said...

They're all really cool ideas Arabella, but the one that appeals to me the most is the baby stroller liner. What a great idea! Not only will it keep the stroller cleaner, but it has to be a whole lot cooler for baby to lie against a natural fabric rather than the synthetic material the stroller is made of.

This could be a great idea for a car seat too.

Loved the little quilt idea too even though I know there is no way I'll ever be making one... don't have the patience for quilting, but I do so love it.

April Blackbird