Labels

21 April 2010

Trials and Tribulations

Well after many months of promising to post a blog, my sister-in-law (Arabella Chick) has sat me down in front of the lap top and shown me how this all works!  April Blackbird is holding baby Chickadee who has finally fallen asleep after much resistance, so I really have no excuse.  It's wonderful having Arabella Chick and my brother visiting ... and despite the fact that I know they really need to head back to work in Palma, we're kind of thrilled that the Volcanic Ash has halted their departure ...

So a bit about me ...  I live in Sydney with my husband and was previously known as Preggie Chick.  Now of course the little one has hatched so I guess that makes me New Mum Chick.  Our littlest one is already 10 weeks old and growing rather rapidly! She is very tall for her age and after some slow weight gain in the past month appears to be chubbying up in the past week.  She is ever so gorgeous (of course I reserve the right to be biaised) and her personality is really coming through now.  We're starting to get lots of chuckles and she loves having 'conversations' with us ... increasingly when she ought to be sleeping!

My hubby and I have been building a house for what seems like an eternity, but in reality has only been just over a year.  The house itself is complete and we are just waiting for some of the external landscaping to get finished before we move in. The grass was laid yesterday and the driveway begins next week, and then I think we are good to go.  We resisted the urge to move in earlier due to the extreme dirt being blown all through the house ... I really could'nt face the thought of living with all the dirt and dust on a daily basis.                    

The past 10 weeks seem to have passed in a blur ...  The little one has reflux so things all got a bit hairy for a few weeks and the sleep deprivation became hard to manage.  We started her on Losec which has proven to be really beneficial and she is finally sleeping (fairly) well.  On Monday night she slept for 7 hours in a row ... I was so excited I had to wake my husband up to tell him ... just what he wanted at 4am. Needless to say I am starting to feel human again now that I am getting more sleep myself.


 Well, more later, but at least I have finally accomplished my first post!  Now if I could just get all those other things done that have been on the to-do-list for so long!

  New Mum Chick

No comments: