Labels

17 March 2012

Stash busting

Please click HERE to enter my 100 Follower Blog Candy!

Good morning!  It's a lovely sunny day here in Athens... still a bit chilly though.  I haven't got too much planned for today, so hopefully I should get lots of crafting time in!  I'm also hoping to load up some cards into my new Da Wanda shop to sell... will see how that goes.

Here's a card I made yesterday using one of my previously uninked The Greeting Farm stamps.  This one is called Birthday Ian.



















How cool is this?  Last night I learned how to crop my images into a circle using Gimp.  Very cool, but probably not very useful!







































































Here's the sketch I followed:





















I really struggled with this card and I'm not happy with the final outcome.  I wanted to use the airplane paper that I have had in my stash for ages, but I don't think I did it justice with the other papers I paired it with.  I tried so many different combinations!

Anyway, the papers I ended up with are from Cosmo Cricket, October Afternoon and Echo Park I think.  I have been using up lots of scraps lately so it is hard to tell where some of them come from.  The crystals are by Prima and the Happy Birthday sentiment is from LOTV.  The 'to' is from Some Odd Girl.  I coloured Ian with copics (see picture below).

I would like to enter this card into The Greeting Farm Saturday Sketch Challenge #7.  I have uploaded the picture to Split Coast Stampers (what a pain!  I much prefer Mr Linky!).

Here are the copics I used:





















That's it from me today folks!  Tomorrow we have some lovely New Releases to show you from Little Miss Muffet Stamps!

Ciao!

Arabella Chickie in Athens, Greece



4 comments:

Maria Therese said...

So beautiful ♥ Love the shine in his hair ♥♥

Trina said...

I'm so sorry that you don't like this project - especially since I think it is fantastic! It's really cute!

Unknown said...

Hi Arabella, now why on earth don't you like this one? It's perfect, as always.

You best watch out otherwise I'll be thinking you've got Sarah-itis as the main symptom is I-don't-like-my-card-itis!! Thankfully when you take a dose of my-mojo-is-back medicine the symptoms retreat!

Love the way you colour the hair in your images - they always look so realistic.

Do I spot a fairy Anya in the background there in your Copics pic?

Sarah

Anita said...

I love this card Arabella! The airplane paper is perfect and I like the little clouds with airplanes - too cute. Fabulous coloring, as always.