Labels

17 May 2012

Hatty Birthday!

Good afternoon!  Did you know it's challenge time again at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!  There's a great rubber stamp prize up for grabs this week... head on over and check it out!

I have a 'Hatty Birthday' card to share with you today!  Lol!  That sentiment cracks me up!




































































I decided to join the Sketch Saturday sketch this week.... it's a bit out of my comfort zone with all those funny angles, but I quite like how the card turned out... nice clean lines!

The papers I used are from My Mind's Eye and Lily Bee Designs.  The ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl (of course!)  and the button is from Crate Paper.  The 'Hatty Birthday' sentiment and Iris May Hatter are both foam mounted rubber stamps from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.

I coloured this one on my new Cryogen paper... (a 20 pack purchased at iCopic) not sure if I like it to colour with or not yet.  It has more tooth than I am used to, so it seems like it is harder work to blend nicely, but the one good thing is that it takes more ink, so if you are like me and like to colour with the heavier pigment colours (like the reds and dark browns) then you can put a bit more of them on before they start to sit on the surface.  The sparkliness is nice though!  I think I have come to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter which type of paper you use as long as you know how it behaves when you are colouring.  Ooh yes, and I tried out the lovely Rachel's brown hair colour combo from THIS post (except I used E13 instead of E15 as my lightest colour).  It's a lovely rich brown!

Here's a close-up:
























And here are the copics I used:


















I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Sketch Saturday: Sketch #207
Fab n' Funky Challenges: Use Fabric (I hope ribbon counts!)
The Paper Shelter: Birthday card with sentiment


Have a lovely evening!

Arabella

19 comments:

Mette said...

Love your card and the layout is fabulous. Your so right - it turned out really brilliant. Loving the colours

Hugs, Mette

Jen Nelson said...

Hi Arabella!!!

this is gorgeous as always!! i love it.. thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week

Jen xx

P.S we are having a DT call if you are interested in applying

x

Rachel Parys said...

Thanks for the hair shout-out! She totally cracks me up! I am totally stealing this layout!! I love all of the angles! I am always a little too obsessive about having everything perfectly up and down and level, this will save me some serious time! Awesome job, I love seeing your work everyday!

Unknown said...

Hi Arabella, I so agree, that sentiment is such a find, don't you think Barbara makes the best stuff! I'm still so happy to be on the team, even though it sometimes is hard to find the time to meet the deadlines LOL! Thank goodness our boss is so understanding hehe! Love your today card, that is a great sketch, and I love all the layers you made and the combination of those sweet design papers! HUgs, Frea

Unknown said...

Oh, how gorgeous! Love those colors! Hugs! Leah Ann

Mary J said...

Arabella, what a fab card! These gals really showcase your amazing colouring skills! Love it! :)

Debra Miller said...

Love the color combination you chose Arabella and patterned papers. The angles are fun too!

Unknown said...

Hi Arabella, oh my goodness how many of your wonderful cards have I missed! I don't know what's happened to my dashboard, I've obviously done something to offend it - it's treating me really badly right now by dropping off loads of my fav blogs.

Anyhow just been having a wander back through your marvellous cards - love 'em all!!

Sarah

eva said...

you did a great job with the sketch! love her hair color! looks so springy and bouncy!

Tracy said...

I had to laugh when I pulled this post up because I just used the same sketch. LOL All those wonky shaped just drew my eye and I love how yours has turned out. Those Hatters of Barb's are always cuties. Fantastic card Arabella!

Susie Little said...

Beautiful! Thank you for playing along at Sketch Saturday! xx

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Arabella! I love the colours and the 'girliness' of your card! :)
Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Sketch Saturday this week!
Lizy DT x

Anita said...

Beautiful card and I love that sentiment! Fabulous layout too.

Shelby said...

Awesomely unique layout! Love it and of course your coloring is always amazing and this is no exception.

Shelby

Tracey Manderson said...

great card, and yes i love the sentiment too!!! rofl. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, good luck and hope to see you again.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Ginny said...

fab colouring, love it, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

Emma H said...

Sweet card, thanks for sharing it with us at Fab N Funky this week!

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Beautiful colors and I love how you have the sentiment as a banner on the ribbon - too cute! Great coloring too! :D

RiNNE said...

Awesome job on the sketch! Love the papers!