Labels

27 May 2012

Raggedy Anne

Happy Saturday!  I'm having a lovely Saturday... BB and I have just been shopping at our favourite Greek designer boutique and we both spent more than we planned on spending, but we had a lovely outing!  I think between us we must have tried on half the store!  Good thing we actually bought some stuff or we might not be invited back!

Anyway, I have a quick card to share today using one of the recent digital releases from Little Miss Muffet Stamps...  Paprika as Raggedy Anne.  When I was little I used to love reading Raggedy Anne and Andy at my Granny's house.  It was one of my favourite books there.  I'm hoping Barbara is going to draw an Andy to go with Raggedy Anne : )

Here's my card:



































































Yep, she's officially adorable and so much fun to colour up!  The papers are from my stash... not sure who they are by and the lovely doily was a gift from my bloggy friend Maria Therese of Me, Myself and Scrapping.  Thanks Maria!  I have just used three of these doilies in a row!  The ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl and the crochet flower is one I made.  The buttons are from my stash.  The sentiment is another SRM sticker (they seem to be my thing at the moment).

Here's a close-up:























And here are the copics I used:


















I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenges: H is for Handmade Flowers (I used a crocheted flower)
Cropstop: Use a doily

That's it from me this weekend!  I'll see you back here Monday with some more Little Miss Muffet Stamps inspiration. 

I'm off to make some cards, maybe go out for dinner and the movies (so that I can wear some of my new clothes) and hopefully make some more cards tomorrow!

Ciao!

Arabella Chickie in Athens



23 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

She's perfect! I had a Raggedy Ann doll when I was little! Nice crocheted flower! I need to sit and crochet some more flowers to use on my cards, my supply is getting low!

angelwhispers said...

Arabella this is just beautiful and love Paprika she is just so cute and wow what a great flower I would love to be able to crochet! Have a lovely weekend Love Chanelle xx

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card sweetie ♥♥

Carla S. said...

This is adorable, Arabella! I love the cute image and the great details! Fab coloring, as always!

Joey said...

Hiya Hunny, this is just fantastico, stunning colourwork, I had a blast colouring her up too, shes so cute! Joey xxx

Céline said...

Hi Arabella,
gorgeous card, love the beautiful doilie. fab coloring as usual
hugs
céline
ps : thanks for your visits on my blog

Unknown said...

Hi Arabella, another gorgeous creation.

I quite agree the doily is beautiful isn't it! Love the buttons as well.

Sounds like you had a nice time at the shops, I don't do much clothes shopping for me anymore - it's all for Emily. Her wardrobe is fuller (is that a word?) than mine!!

Sarah

Shelby said...

She is just too cute and what a wonderful job you've done bringing her to life!

Shelby

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Wow What a cute Raggedy Anne! Kicking card! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Roxx.T

eva said...

great colors! and i love that crocheted flower and the ribbon!

Melinda said...

What an adorable card. Your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge.

Anita said...

She's adorable Arabella. I love Raggedy Ann and you've colored this one beautifully.

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

She's so cute and great coloring too! Love the papers yo used and the doily is darling on there. The buttons are a fun embellishment - all in all - gorgeous! :D I'll have to work on Andy just for you. ;D

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

OMG...your coloring is gorgeous!!!
Love your card layout and colors. Thank you for joining us this week at CropStop.

Hugs,
Calypso

Vicki said...

Adorable card! Beautiful coloring. Thanks for joining our CropStop Doily Challenge.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Your crochet flower is fab!

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena
xxx

Unknown said...

Super adorable!! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the all wonderful detail. Thank you for playing along at the SNSDC.

Stephanie said...

What an adorable Raggedy Ann. You colored her perfectly and I love the doily in the background. Thanks so much for playing along with us in this week's SNSDC.

CropStop said...

Adorable! Still have my Raggedy Ann too! Love the addition of a crochet flower! Thank you for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com

Shelby said...

You have done her up absolutely perfectly....looks like the real deal:)!!

Shelby

Nancy Jensen said...

what a cute card! Thanks for joining us at CropStop! A new challenge is up - I hope you'll join us again!

Debra Miller said...

Awesome Raggedy Ann - I'm hoping there is an Andy coming too. Love the ribbon and crocheted flower embellies!

RiNNE said...

I am loving those ribbons that you're using! You really rocked this doily too! :)