Labels

21 May 2012

Sage and her crayons

Good morning!  I hope everyone had a lovely crafty weekend...  I certainly did!  We had an unexpected weekend off work, so I got stuck in and did some colouring in front of the TV.

Shelby and I are sharing our mid-week rubber stamp inspiration over at Little Miss Muffet Stamps today and I decided to use Sage for my card.



































































The papers are from Crate Paper and Cosmo Cricket and the ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl.  The thickers are from American Crafts (I think) and the sentiment is a sticker from SRM.  I added Stickles to the heart on Sage's shirt  and Glossy Accents over the top of the Stickles and on her glasses.  I also Stickled the thickers.

I'm not all that happy with how this card turned out and I think it is because of the colours I have used.  I really love purple, but it somehow never looks right on a card when I use it.  I'm not very fond of green at all, so I don't really know why I used green.  

Here's a close-up:























And here are the copics I used:

















I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
One Stitch at a Time: Anything Goes
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge: Let's hear it for the girls
Great Impressions: Anything Goes

We have a new challenge running at Little Miss Muffet Stamps this fortnight with a fabulous prize!  The theme is Anything Goes and become a follower and add the news badge to your blog and the prize is three rubber stamps and the Hatty Birthday sentiment!

And if you have the news badge, you will know that we have a new release coming up this Thursday!

That's it from me this morning!   Have a great day!

Arabella Chickie in Athens, Greece

17 comments:

Loopylou. said...

too cute arrabella and yey for the weekend of colouring!!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Arabella, now I think you and I are going to have a bit of a falling out - you don't like green??? Green (and pink and blue and red ;-)) is my favourite colour! What's more I can't see anything wrong with your green.

Your purple is fab too - wish I could get purple right. It and lilac are just no go areas for me - never look right.

And so my conclusion is - another brilliant card!

Sarah

PS - Glad you had a good colouring weekend

PPS - Sorry I missed the quiz, but have to 'fess up to being terrible at things like that! So I wouldn't have got anywhere anyway!!

Evy G said...

I like it, even with the green ;-)

angelwhispers said...

Arabella she looks beautiful and just love your colour combo its superb! Chanelle xxx

Anita said...

Beautiful card Arabella and I love the sparkly sentiment.

Rachel Parys said...

Awww, I think it's cute! Funny thing is, my fav color is purple, and I can't tell you one thing that I have made with purple on it within the last year! (so wierd) I just don't think anyone is really making awesome purple paper right now??!!

Inkypinkydelights said...

What a lovely card! I like the crossword! Many many thanks for sharing at One Stitch at a Time and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

Unknown said...

Risks so adorable I just love this post

Janette said...

Just so cute, love the image, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Debra Miller said...

I think it is a great card Arabella - the colors are very kid like - Sage just picked out her own clothes today ;) Love the sparkly heart and crossword. Hugs, Deb

Danni said...

I think it turned out wonderful! You're too hard on yourself! Super cute!

MAGDA said...

PRECIOSA TARJETA, I LIKE IT, UN SALUDO MAGDA

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Such a brilliant 'well done' card, I like the colours you've used and the crossword paper too. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Jennie DT

carol said...

super card, thanks for playing along with our challenge at CRAFTY CATZ this week, come back soon, x carol

Nikki Byrne said...

Fab card and image :o) Superb colouring too. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs. NIKKI DT

Love crafts forever said...

Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs Nataliya

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

This is darling! I love the crossword puzzle and the way you colored her hair is gorgeous! Such a fun card too - love it all! *Hugs