Labels

29 June 2012

Tiddly Inks Fabulous Friday!

Good afternoon!  I nearly forgot that it is Fab Friday today at Tiddly Inks!  We are showcasing some gorgeous cards from the wonderful Tiddly Inks design team over at the challenge blog... head on over and check them out!  Also you still have time to get your project in for our Pretty in Pink challenge... enter your Tiddly Inks pink creation HERE.

I decided to use Be Bold, Be You! Ballerina for my card today... 





























































Isn't she gorgeous?!  This is the first time I have actually gotten around to colouring her up, and she was lots of fun to colour!  I added Stickles to her mask and distressed the edges of the image with Distress Inks.  The papers are mainly scraps and the blue one is from CloseOut Girl on Etsy.  The sentiment comes with this gorgeous girl.

I do love how the image turned out, but I'm not happy with this card in general... I think maybe I used too much blue in the background.  I should have swapped the colour pallette around a little methinks.  Anywho... live and learn!

I followed this weeks' sketch at Feeling Sketchy which is actually a layout, but they said we could do a card instead if we wanted.


















Here's a close-up:























And here are the copics I used:

















I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Feeling Sketchy: Week 13 sketch
Charisma Cardz: Anything Goes

That's all from me for now!

Ciao!

Arabella

20 comments:

Annette Allen said...

such a beautiful card...love that image and the sentiment is so perfect...love this

Rachel Parys said...

Wow! Love the mixture of blue and green in her outfit! She looks awesome! Your layout/papers are perfect!

Joey said...

Arabella this is beautiful, I love the colours on her dress and her hair looks amazing. Joey x

Cat's sCrap said...

Very smart !!! Fabulous work of colours on your character. Fatantastic bright colours. I like !
Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Faye said...

I was gonna say how much I like the colours you used. I think they look fab and the blue works really well. And I'm pig sick about your gorgeous colouring too! Hope you had a great afternoon. xx

Sue said...

stunning card Arabella. I love how you have coloured the ballerina, especially the detailing on her dress. The bold colours look wonderful and the swirls of gems and pearls finish it off perfectly
I hope you have a great weekend
Hugs Sue

Danni said...

Ohhh...I think this may be one of my new favorites by you!! Love this! So bright and vibrant and cute!

Ultimate Whirligig said...

Hi Arabella, what a great card. I really enjoy your interpretation of our sketch at Feeling Sketchy. Oh and your dancer is Absolutely Fabulous!
Happy Crafting.
Michelle DT Feeling Skethcy

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh what a gorgeous card, adore the colours and sentiment!!!

Perfection, and great use of the sketch!

Thanks so much for joining us at Feeling Sketchy! :-D

Jessica Theodore said...

Hi Arabella, another fabulous card, love your takes on our sketch, amazing colouring in and lovin' all those pearls! Happy to see you playing along with us again at feeling-sketchy! :)

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

WOW! Arabella this is amazing! I love your beautiful two tone colouring of her outfit...so beautiful :)

eva said...

i think this card looks great! i love the colors and you've done a wonderful job coloring her up! so gorgeously bright!

Unknown said...

Hi Arabella, I always seem to be saying sorry for being hit and miss with commenting right now - won't get any better over the coming school holidays either!

As always gorgeous cards, perfect colouring and your paper choices are just stunning.

If you don't see me around much, just imagine the most inane waffly nonsense you can and you'll have me to a T!!

Hope you are having a good weekend and will try to pop back soon.

Sarah

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Stunning card - your colouring is fabulous.
Caroline xxx

Jess S said...

I don't know what to say, your cards completely blow my mind.... The beautiful colouring, and selection of papers, perfection :D
Thanks for playing with Feeling Sketchy again this week

Lissa said...

This is stunning! She looks JUST like the stage lights are hitting her tutu!

HUGS!
~Lissa
http://www.scrappynites.com

Debra Miller said...

Oh wowzers - love the colors on this one! Fabulous Arabella!

Shelby said...

Love love love this one! So cool how you've blended the colors...awesome

Shelby

Carissa said...

What a great image and that sentiment that you have chosen to go with it is fantastic. Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz this week.
Carissa :)

RiNNE said...

So bright and happy!